Two new job opportunities with the Dorset AONB Team.
Two exciting job opportunities have arisen within the Dorset AONB team to help deliver the new Farming in Protected Landscape grant programme. This programme will support the farming and forestry community (and others working with them) to conserve and enhance the special landscape.
The two jobs are both full time until the end of March 2024 and will be based within the small, friendly and dynamic Dorset AONB team, hosted by Dorset Council. The office base will be County Hall, Dorchester.
The aim of the programme is to help bring forward projects with farmers and foresters that deliver more for:
- Climate – supporting the delivery of net zero through nature and nature-based solutions to help communities mitigate and adapt to climate change
- Nature – supporting farmers’ leading role in the delivery of the Nature Recovery Network and achieving the Government’s commitment to protect 30% of land by 2030
- People – providing a natural health service that will improve the nation’s public health and wellbeing through increased access to nature across all parts of society, as part of our green recovery
- Place – supporting these landscapes as centres of excellence and green innovation that are flourishing places to live and work, each with a strong identity and cultural heritage, and high recognition as attractive visitor destinations.
To help deliver this ambitious programme, we are looking for:
- A Project Officer, who’ll be the main point of contact with the farming, and forestry community. Deadline: 20th June. Details can be found here: jobs.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk.
- A Support Officer, who’ll help run the programme, ensuring that applications are scrutinised, grants paid and support the Local Assessment Panel. Deadline: 11th July. Details can be found here: jobs.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk.
If you have any questions about the roles, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Ian Rees.