The Wytch Farm Landscape and Access Enhancement Fund has been established to enhance the landscape around Wytch Farm oilfield and is supported by the Dorset National Landscape partnership, Dorset Council, Natural England and Perenco UK. The fund is for projects that will moderate the impacts of the oilfield on the local landscape, wildlife and rights of way.
Landowners, conservation and community groups or individuals can apply for funding for projects which meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Strengthen the character of the surrounding landscape by the creation, conservation, enhancement and management of heathland and acid grassland;
- Enhance biodiversity by the conservation, enhancement and management of boundary features (such as hedgerows, veteran trees and earthbanks), woodlands (such as rhododendron control) and rural lanes; and / or
- Improve rights of way and / or facilities to provide car-free access and conserve tranquillity.
Applications will be assessed by a panel of experts including a representative from Perenco.
The projects must be located within the priority areas shown on the map below:
Anyone (individual, group or organisation) can apply to the fund, providing the project is within one of the priority areas on the map, and meets one or more of the key criteria (landscape, biodiversity or access).
You can download more information about in the document below.
All applications must be submitted on the application form (download below) by email to Caroline Kelly by:
- 31st January (Panel meeting on 20th February)
- 31st May (Panel meeting on 18th June)
- 31st August (Panel meeting on 17th Sept)
Please contact Dorset Wild Purbeck Project Coordinator, Caroline Kelly, if you have a query or would like to discuss your proposal before applying.