On the 1st November, the Stepping into Nature team held a conference celebrate the project’s achievements, showcase the nature based wellbeing offer in Dorset and provide plenty of networking time with health, environment and community organisations.
The day was bustling with over 24 speakers representing a range of organisations across Dorset. Over 100 passionate, talented, and influential people attended with the common goal to improve the lives of people in Dorset by connecting them with nature, people and supportive services.
The day thoroughly enjoyable and we (Steph and Jules) would really like to thank everyone involved in the making the day so special. All the presentation slides are available below.
Don’t forget, if you’ve got an idea that you may need support with then take a look at the Nature, Art and Wellbeing Fund along with the other funding opportunities from Dorset Community Foundation, National Lottery Community Fund and Dorset Community and Culture Fund (information in the below slides).
If anyone wishes to get in contact with Stepping into Nature please email firstname.lastname@example.org
‘ A great day, incredibly enjoyable and full of information’
‘Stepping into Nature’s diverse range of activities and network is ground breaking’
‘Amazing work -all delivered with such good humour, warmth, care and dedication. Huge congratulations and a thank you for all that you do!’
‘Absolutely bloody brilliant!’
Session 2: Experience Stepping into Nature Activities
– Dorset History Walks by Steve Wallis
Session 3: Funding opportunities
– Dorset Community Foundation by Ellie Maguire
– National Lottery Community Fund by Kirsty Main
– Dorset Council Culture and Community Fund by Ian Wells
–Q and A from funding session.
Session 4: Nature, Art and Wellbeing Fund Impacts
– Nature, Art and Wellbeing Community Fund Overview by Sarah Perrett
– Co Create project by Rosie Edwards
– Wildwriting by Alice Flynn (coming soon)
Session 7: Getting to grips with green social prescribing
– Help and Care by Jonathon Williams and Jack Buckland
– Help and Kindness by David Thorp
– Live Well by Sam Balmforth
Main room PM:
– Health and Nature Dorset by Maria Clarke (Dorset LNP)
– Thriving Communities by Julie Hammon (Dorset AONB)
– Aspirations of the Stepping into Nature project beyond 2023 by Sally King (Dorset AONB)